Monday, September 28, 2015

Window Sills


I did a lot of different things for this company, remodeling a dorm building at a major college in the Tacoma area but the window sills I did were what I'm proudest of doing there.  The material for the sills was compressed material, not particle board, but perhaps a step above that if that's possible.  Basically they wanted me to make sugar from, well I won't say it.  The first bay window I measured and cut just happened to be put in at the exact time my Foreman and Super came in the room.  I can't even describe the look on their face as the piece fit tightly around the window with less then a sixteenth inch gap.  I mean it was perfect really.  Their expressions were priceless and they got up as close as they could to inspect the cut and fit.  Without saying a word the both just shook their head and walked out of the room.  The rest of the day it seemed like all I heard was the two of them barging to others on the crew how they were shocked about me being able to fit the sills so well.  I mean after all I was a lowly apprentice!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment